Understanding Community Colleges (Core Concepts in Higher Education)
Primary: Understanding Community Colleges (Core Concepts in Higher Education).pdf - 21,155 KB/Sec
Mirror [#1]: Understanding Community Colleges (Core Concepts in Higher Education).pdf - 38,955 KB/Sec
Mirror [#2]: Understanding Community Colleges (Core Concepts in Higher Education).pdf - 44,431 KB/Sec
- The American Community College
- Human Relations in Organizations: Applications and Skill Building, 9th Edition
- Community College Leadership and Administration: Theory, Practice, and Change (Education Management)
- Redesigning America's Community Colleges: A Clearer Path to Student Success
- The Jossey-Bass Reader on Educational Leadership
- The Death and Life of the Great American School System: How Testing and Choice Are Undermining Education
- Community College Faculty: At Work in the New Economy
- Practical Leadership in Community Colleges: Navigating Today's Challenges
- Overcoming Educational Racism in the Community College: Creating Pathways to Success for Minority and Impoverished Student Populations (Innovative Ideas for Community Colleges Series)
- Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative and Mixed Methods Approaches
Understanding Community Colleges provides a comprehensive review of the community college landscape―management and governance, finance, student demographics and development, teaching and learning, policy, faculty, and workforce development―and bridges the gap between research and practice. This contributed volume brings together highly respected scholars in the field who rely upon substantial theoretical perspectives―critical theory, social theory, institutional theory, and organizational theory―for a rich and expansive analysis of community colleges. The latest text to publish in the Core Concepts in Higher Education series, this exciting new text fills a gap in the higher education literature available for students enrolled in Higher Education and Community College graduate programs.
This text provides students with:
- A review of salient research related to the community college field.
- Critical theoretical perspectives underlying current policies.
- An understanding of how theory links to practice, including focused end-of-chapter discussion questions.
- A fresh examination of emerging issues and insight into contemporary community college practices and policy.