Book Title: Self Discovery Journal: 200 Questions to Find Who You Are and What You Want in All Areas of Life ((Self Discovery Journal, Self Discovery Questions))
Author: Gerald Confienza
“The unexamined life is not worth living.”
What would happen if you had a child and left him or her unattended without care or attention for a day? How about a couple of weeks? Even worse, how about several months or years?
I know, it’s almost too cruel to think about.
This book is written to bring awareness to the child we’ve left unattended for far too long- the one that lives inside of every one of us.
As kids, we’re in full connection with this child. We run, we play, we chase after things that we enjoy and love. We may not realize it, but we’re deeply connected to who we are and what we want. We need not label ourselves to know who we are, or question why it is we want things; our present-moment living grants us a tacit answer to these questions. I would even venture to say that this is the main reason why childhood is so blissful for all of us.
As we grow older, however, we are introduced to words; and words have narrow meanings. Time and time again we’ve been labeled by our peers and parents through the use of these words. It’s no wonder we lose most of our spontaneity as we mature. We’ve been identified by words or labels for so long that we act as if we’re programmed to follow them. In short, we lose sight of who we really are and what we really want. The recent onslaughts of existential crisis people across different age groups face only serve to prove this point.
This book serves as an invitation to a journey of self-discovery. My aim is that, like me, my readers will be able to:
- Disassociate from labels others have placed on them that are hindering their journey of self-exploration.
- Stop reliving negative karmic cycles and disassociate from past experiences.
- Learn about their personal VITALS and preferences in the human hierarchy of needs.
- Find who they are and what they want in every area of their lives through 200 carefully designed questions.
- Finally, reconnect with themselves and strengthen their sense of self.
Welcome to Self Discovery Journal.